Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bike Art at Back Alley Bikes

I finally made a trip down to Back Alley Bikes in Detroit tonight. Back Alley Bikes is a not-for-profit community bike shop in Detroit's Cass Corridor. They offer programs for anyone to be able and get a free bike or buy a bike for as little as $25. The also teach people how to fix bikes. I have been meaning to go and donate a bunch of bike parts and things like helmets that I have been collecting. When I got there and the volunteers and people working on bikes saw I had boxes full of stuff it was like Christmas. I also hung around for awhile to shoot photos. I plan to donate those to their website. It’s a real cool place for photography and just to hang out and be around bikes and people who really love all kinds of bikes. The photo is of Sarah and some of her "Bike Art" She takes old bike part and makes things out of them. She also teaches classes on how to make bike art to anyone who wants to stop in on Wednesdays–Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home