Sunday, April 13, 2008

DETROIT DERBY GIRLS


I photographed the Detroit Derby Girls for the Detroit News last night. Fun to watch and lots of photo possibilities. The light was real bad and I probably should have strobed more but decided to use more available light at high ISO to keep the rough and moody feel the place had. I should post on the subject, strobe vs available, soon. The why I do or don't sometimes. Anyway to you strobists out their fellow strobist Andy Tanguay has done some real cool strobist portraits of the teams. GO HERE. Colin J also has some nice derby girl images. I will post more photos from the bout this week after the story runs in the paper Wed or Thurs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much Brian. The DDG appreciates your appearence and effort and the bout last night. We look forward in viewing more of your amazing photos, and to the upcoming article.
Thank you,
Vicious Vixen

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I wish I could edit my error now...I feel silly. Scratch the and and change it to an at in "effort and the bout last night".

Yup. Thanks again.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Bryan Mitchell said...

No Problem! I hope the News gives it some good play. I sent them 18 images, probably to many, to work with but I also know they like to do photo galleries on the web. It was fun. Bryan

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home