Friday, March 21, 2008

LOOKING BACK - DENALI

I’ve been to Alaska twice, once in the early 90’s and once on my honeymoon in 94. I shot this image of Mt. McKinley or Denali as it’s also known while visiting Denali National Park on my honeymoon. The paper I worked for at the time gave me and assignment letter which secured us a photography permit and that allows you to drive a private vehicle down the one dirt road in the park. (Might be more the one now). On this day we were in the park for almost 30 hours and got this shot around 3:00 AM just before sunrise. The clouds dissipated around midnight, sunset, and the mountain was visible to sunrise. Then back behind the clouds which is the case most of the time. Wonder Lake is in the foreground. I hope I can take my kids to Alaska someday!

3 Comments:

Blogger ieatmodestmouse said...

gorgeous. never been to alaska but tony and i stayed at glacier national park in montana a few years back. it was amazing!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Bryan Mitchell said...

I can't wait to go back someday. I can only hope!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Rick Smith said...

A great shot Bryan

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home