Friday, October 05, 2007

KID ROCK, AH WELL ROCKS!

Normally when I shoot concerts I don't mind getting in and out and transmitting the photos to the paper asap. These days you normally get to shoot only 1 to 3 songs anyway and then they kick you and your cameras out. Sometimes you can take your cameras to your car and come back in if you have a ticket. But tonight I shot Kid Rock for the Detroit News and I'm a fan of his music and would have liked to stick around. The concert was the kickoff to Rock's month-long club tour to promote his new album. So as always he treated his fellow Michiganders to a last minute show. He lives here if you didn't know. The show was announced Wednesday morning for the Thursday show and sold out in 5 minutes. We got to shoot 2 songs and he was quite animated to get off some decent shots. I say that because I thought my shots were OK but not great. Maybe to much toe tappin' and singing along to "Devil Without a Cause" his second song and one of my favorites. :) I though about asking if I could stick around after I moved out of the pit in front of the stage if I kept the cameras down. I probably could have even without asking since it was so crowded and no one would have seen the cameras but I needed to edit the photos and find a place to transmit for a 10:00 PM deadline and it was already after 9:00. I ended up at a McDonald's as I usually do since many have wi-fi wireless Internet. Maybe next time Rock performs in town I'll have to break down and buy a ticket to the show.









4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, Bryan captured the spirit and energy of the concert in his pictures. It feels as though I'm in the front row by looking at them. Beautiful!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Bryan Mitchell said...

Thanks!
Keep posting I like to hear what people think, good and bad.
Bryan

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mackey said...

This are awesome pics of Bobby!!!
I seen him here in Alberta Canada. I am a huuuuge fan!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home