Friday, November 02, 2007

LIGHTING THE JACK-O-LANTERN

Jack –O-Lantern photo lighting details.

I carved the thing with my kids. Not to bad I must say! LOL

Shot with a Canon 40D camera body.

I have a Canon 580 strobe on camera powered down 3 stops for a small amount of fill light but mostly to trigger the Nikon SB800 strobe in the pumpkin pointed out.

I bought a cheap fog machine at Target ($20 and probably on sale now).

There is a hole in the back of the pumpkin to shoot the fog through.

I wanted the eyes to glow more and the mouth to be more orange like fire so that worked out well. Shot several frames to get something where the fog (smoke) looked the best.

Halloween is so fun!

Another shot. Same light basically, just with the light and fog behind the pumpkins instead of inside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! We love Halloween too!!!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home