Friday, November 02, 2007

LOOKING BACK: HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

I shot this image in 94. The South Lyon Michigan high school football team just lost in the state playoff semifinals. This player was crying and being comforted by his girlfriend. I stayed back some and shot with a 300 2.8 which aloud me to crop in tight which helps the photo I think. One of the best dejection sports images I ever made. My wife chose this for me to enter in The Michigan Press Photographers Association Pictures of the Year contest for 1994. It won first place in the sports feature category. The only first place award I ever got, but then again I never entered contests much and haven’t in at least 10 years.

My wife was always a good judge of what made a nice photo.
I use to shoot a ton of high school sports on a weekly and even daily basis for years. I loved it. I miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home