Monday, November 24, 2008

OFF WITH THE FLASH, SOMETIMES

I use quite a bit of strobe when I shoot weddings, especially at receptions. Off camera, on camera, both, bounced and direct. Depending on where I wonder and what I'm trying to get. But the newspaper shooter in me still loves to turn the strobes off and shoot available light. Its usually later in the night after I have some nice strobed images in the bag. It also helps when you have low ceilings, cool DJ lights and some nice looking women dancing the cha-cha slide. Yes I am sick of that song but it always makes for some good photos on the dance floor! I shot a bunch of these and the tree here were my favotites. Nikon D300, 17-35, ISO 1600 1/3 at 2.8 for those that care. I will also shoot at 1/15th and 1/8th like this sometimes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your images. Great info.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home