Wednesday, January 30, 2008

STAKEOUT


The Detroit News sent me on an assignment to sit outside the house of someone (part of a big story here in the Detroit area, guess which one) for a few hours this morning from 7-10 am to try and make a photo of them. I arrives about 10 minutes to 7:00. The photo above was about 7:30. I don't do alot of these and its been a long time since the last time I did. Anyway there is always a nervous anticipation on what will happen if anything. Will neighboors wonder what I'm doing and keep asking or call the police (I was the only media out there today), am I in a good spot to watch (I moved after the above photo) if the person comes out and I only have a couple seconds for a photo will I have a clean shot, do I shoot from the car window or jump out (it was very cold this morning, around 12 degrees, and I was staying warm) will I blow the shot, do I have a long enough lens, will they confront me and be angry, if they do come out and leave in a car do I follow, and what if I have to, you know, go real bad, which I did toward the end. Well none of that happened and I never saw my subject so no photo today.
BTW I once again liked how the News used another photo, the bridge photo, I shot for todays front page. Click page to see bigger view

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home