Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HISTORICAL DAY

I was sent by the Associated Press to photograph people gathering to watch and listen to the swearing-in and inauguration speech of President Barack Obama on large screen televisions at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan today. It was just one of many places all of the country and world people paused to watch. Despite your politics it was historical. And even though I wasn't in Washington, which I would have not wanted to be, I felt I was a small part of history. That is one of the coolest things about being a photojournalist in that no matter how big or small most all of the moments we shoot are history. I didn't get any earth shattering images but I noticed the image below of people watching in a mock drive-in theater at the museum was used a part of an online story AP sent out to members. Example HERE and HERE. Cool to record a tine part of history. Then I shot basketball tonight for the Detroit News, see below. Oh and CLICK HERE to see the best photo of the swearing in. It took a ton of work and negotiating to get this photo but it was worth it.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a member of The Henry Ford, it is interesting seeing the change on the drive-in screen.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home