Monday, January 26, 2009

THAT SUCKS!


What else can you say when this happens. We'll I had a couple other words but had to keep those in my head because there were kids around.
I was shooting hockey and features of people watching hockey. The lens fell off one of my camera bodies. I almost caught it but then "crash" on the cement steps. I had changed lenses about 10-15 minutes earlier but it must not have clicked all the way on.
So off to Nikon it will go to find out the cost on repair and if its worth it because the lens is getting old. I am in need of a new 17-35 and would love a 12-24 I just don't have the extra cash right now. But the repair cost might not be worth fixing it.
I do have camera insurance but have had 2 claims in the last5-6 years and they keep increasing my fee. Insurance is such a scam unless you "really" need it. And then the problems that caused you needing it are usually big problems you would have much rather not had. Ok I better stop now before both feet or on my soapbox!

2 Comments:

Blogger ieatmodestmouse said...

oh, ouch! that does suck!!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Scott Daniel said...

Sorry to hear that about your lens, Dude. Of course, you could have dropped and broken the entire camera ... mixed blessings!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home